Meet Dr. Jack Ringer
Meet Dr. Jack Ringer of Advanced Smile Design.
Dr. Jack Ringer provides state-of-the-art creativity in esthetic, preventive, general and reconstructive dentistry. As a premium provider of ultimate patient's experience and proven results, changing the lives of many satisfied patients, Dr. Ringer strives to provide ultimate care, experience, optimum results and peace of mind for each patient.
Dr. Ringer is a dental practitioner by trade and teacher at heart. His educational style empowers you with knowledge from the beginning of the consultation and throughout the treatment. You are equipped with the appropriate information that allows you to know what to expect when making decisions on your own dental beauty and health. His passion for creative solutions and smile designs to address your unique needs and desires, his impeccable eye for esthetics, his dedication to technical excellence, his friendly educational-style and patient interactions are the factors that distinguish Dr. Ringer from other cosmetic dentists when maximizing the potential of your smile and your dental health.
His advanced intervention methods save you money and his technical competencies along with the high-technology environment and tools increases both the longevity and the attractiveness of your smile while optimizing dental health. A pioneer of technology with the goal of increasing your comfort and maximizing your dental experience, Dr. Jack Ringer creates more predictable, precise and esthetic dental restorations and smile designs for patients’ comfort, speed and no-fear positive experience.
Dr. Jack Ringer practices general family and restorative dentistry and is an Accredited Fellow and Past President of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), the largest cosmetic dental organization in the world. As an accredited AACD cosmetic dentist, Dr. Ringer is only one of five in Orange County and one of 300 worldwide. He is also certified as a dental sleep medicine practitioner by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and co-founder and Past President of the Orange County Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (OCACD).
A nationally renowned lecturer in contemporary esthetic dentistry, Dr. Jack Ringer is faculty mentor for the Spear Institute at the Scottsdale Center in Arizona, a faculty member for the Esthetic Professionals Dental Education and Training Center in Tarzana California, and is past Associate Professor at Loma Linda Dental School and past Assistant Clinical Director for Center for Esthetic Dentistry at UCLA.
- Graduated from high school in San Diego, California, in 1972
- Attended college at the University of California, San Diego
- Graduated from Dental School at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa in 1978
- Obtained California Dental license in 1979, License #28610
- Completed a mini-residency program at U.C.L.A. in Contemporary Esthetic Dentistry
- Past Assistant Clinical Director in the Center for Esthetic Dentistry at U.C.L.A. Dental School; Los Angeles, California
- Past Assistant Professor at Loma Linda Dental School; Loma Linda, California
- Past faculty at Esthetic Professionals; Tarzana, California
- Currently a faculty mentor at the Spear Education, Scottsdale, Arizona
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) President 2013-2014
- Accredited Fellow AACD
- 2009-2011 Board of Directors AACD
- 2011-2013 ABCD Board Member AACD
- Founder/past President Orange County Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of the Seattle Study Club Speaker Bureau
- Annually invited guest of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Guest speaker at local dental societies and public schools
- National and international speaker
- Author of several published articles related to esthetic dentistry
- Member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the California Dental Association
- Member of the Orange County Dental Society
- Past Member of the OCDS Membership and Ethics Committee
- Past Member of the OCDS Emergency Care Panel
- Key opinion leader for 3M/ESPE Dental and Philips Dental
- Appearances on NBC news
- Appearances on television’s The Doctor’s Show
Learn about the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Unlike the field of plastic surgery in medicine, there is no state or national board certification in the field of cosmetic dentistry. This becomes a serious dilemma because the general public has no barometer or standard to determine if the dentist that they are seeing is qualified in providing esthetic dentistry at an acceptable level. As published in a Wall Street Journal article, it is estimated that half of the $70 billion spent annually on dental work in the U.S. is related to cosmetic procedures and about $10 billion is related to redoing other dentists work.
Founded in 1984, the AACD is dedicated to advancing excellence in the art and science of cosmetic dentistry and encouraging the highest standards of ethical conduct and responsible patient care. The AACD serves over 8000 members in 70 countries around the globe, with members seeking out continuing education through lectures, workshops and publications in order to keep up-to-date with advancements in cosmetic dental techniques and technology.
Unlike general members of AACD, Accredited Fellows only receive such honorary designation after having completed and passed a rigorous peer-review examination process in the field of cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Jack Ringer is one of only approximately 60 dentists Worldwide to become an AACD Accredited Fellow.
- Creating Predictable, Functional, and Esthetic Ceramic Restorations.
- The Current State of Adhesives, Composites, Ceramics and Cements
- Mastering Smile Design
This program utilizes a modular approach of didactic, photographic and video that encompasses the entire protocol a dentist and team needs, from the time the patient schedules for a consultation through to final delivery of the restorations. There are 8 sections or modules covered:
- a) Diagnostic skills and smile design
- b) Ceramic restoration design and preparation
- c) Impression techniques – both analog and digital
- d) Custom provisional restorations
- e) Material options
- f) Laboratory considerations and communication
- g) Cementation fundamentals and techniques
- h) Marketing utilizing the completed case
The program was designed to be a full day didactic lecture or it can be condensed into a ½ day or evening program.
This didactic program is utilizes a logical modular approach for sorting through the material confusion. The lecture will cover what are the currently available materials available, how to classify them, and where and when to utilize them based on the clinical situation. This lecture can be a ½ day or evening program.
The key to a successful contemporary esthetic dental practice is mastering smile design. This program will cover all the necessary requirements and techniques to create a predictable smile design, which will be utilized to develop the final outcome, be it a simple anterior makeover or a complex full mouth reconstruction. Techniques such as digital templates, computer simulations, wax-ups and mock-ups and more will be covered. This program can be a ½ day or an evening program.