Minor Tooth Movement is the answer if you are searching for a non-invasive dental procedure that can give you a beautiful smile.
Known as MTM®, the Minor Tooth Movement procedure is one of the most versatile cosmetic dental treatments available. The minimally invasive approach to modern dentistry can fix small problems such as crowding, midline discrepancy, rotation, spacing, and tipping.
Dr. Jack Ringer is the past president and an accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, is trained to fit you with Minor Tooth Movement, and can determine if MTM® is a good fit for you.
In order to be a good candidate for the cosmetic procedure, Dr. Ringer will:
- Make sure that there is enough room to close the space without causing problems to your bite.
- Determine if the roots are in good position to allow for the minimal tooth movement procedure. This will be done with x-rays and possibly models.
- Make sure that you do not have an involuntary tongue habit that pushed your teeth forward to create the gap. If this is the case, Dr. Ringer may recommend another cosmetic dental treatment.
- Check your frenum, the little tissue between your lip and teeth. If the separation is caused by the frenum, you may need minor surgery to remove the frenum, as this will allow your teeth to stay together after the Minor Tooth Movement procedure has been completed.
- Look at your gum tissue to make sure that both the gums and the surrounding bone is healthy.
If Dr. Ringer deems you a good fit for Minor Tooth Movement, clear plastic aligners will be custom made to fit your teeth. Once your aligners are ready, you will be given a series of clear plastic aligners that you will swap out every two weeks. Dr. Ringer will schedule appointments at six-week intervals to make sure that MTM® is doing its job.
Advantages of Minor Tooth Movement
- Healthier teeth and gums as MTM® is removed when you eat, brush and floss
- Virtually invisible
- A shorter treatment time compared to metal wires and brackets
If you have been dreaming about a perfect smile, call or click and schedule an appointment with Dr. Ringer and his team from Dental Cosmetics in Anaheim Hills. Minor Tooth Movement could be the answer, call or click now.